Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Believing.

Sometimes the universe bestows on you the gift of knowing, just you and no one else, and you begin guarding this belief jealously as you would guard a beautiful secret.

Others may tell you that you are crazy, stubborn, maybe even arrogant to persist on something outmoded, impractical, or just plain silly, but in your gut you know, with a knowledge that defies all good sense that you are right.

Others may desert you, or mock  you, but everything else—time , circumstance, luck, serendipity, synchronicity, or whatever else you wish to f*
cking call it—will conspire to give you your heart’s desire.

These are some of the things that I believe to be true:
  1. It is possible to change for the better, to work at becoming your best self;
  2. It is possible to forgive;
  3. Soon, P and I will travel the rest of the world (but, really, we’ll settle happily with just traveling to Europe) together;
  4. Anyone who has suffered (or is suffering) can become a more stronger, empathetic person;
  5. There is an end to suffering;
  6. If you trust in the goodness of the universe, you will receive goodness from the universe;
  7. It’s good to smile;
  8. It is stupid not to listen to well-meaning, sensible advice;
  9. God will never forsake me (or you!);
  10. To care is to love. People who care very little for others or care only for themselves do not know how to love and will, in turn, find love hard to attain.
  11. In life, you should strive to play the role of “hero,” not “villain”;
  12. I am blessed by the people I love and the people who love me. I may not hear about it, but I guess I, too, am a blessing to others sometimes;
  13. Nothing beats the power of a fervent, honest prayer;
  14. You can be wrong and it’s okay. Sometimes life will force you to your knees to learn lessons (like humility) and if you are not too stubborn, you can learn and prosper from your mistakes;
  15. P will continue to love and cherish me just as he promised many years ago when I was confused and in another country. He said, “If you can’t find what you’re looking for, come back to me. I will take care of you." Awww . . .;
  16. I will continue to love and cherish P because besides being a good, honest, hard-working man, he’s also a hunk! (Rrrr!) 
What do you believe in? :)

P in Ho Chi Minh '08