Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh, why can't I goof?

The older one gets, the harder it gets to goof.

I had a couple of work-less days this week (what with my new project scheduled to begin on Friday), but I insisted on spending them on my so-called “home projects.” Indeed, I have gotten ruthless with my 32-year-old self. I cannot let myself get away with mindless activities or with good, old-fashioned lazing around anymore. I always have to have something worthwhile to do now, which only means one thing—I have crossed over and allowed myself to become an adult (yech). I’m now officially one of the pod people.

***

Because I have a new toy, I have decided to finish editing my home movies. This is not an easy task as I have allowed my collection to mushroom to a good five years' worth of raw footage. Thankfully, my new toy has this nifty program that has prerecorded kick-ass music and SFX, as well as text and transition menus. It’s going to be as effortless as dragging and dropping for me, when before I had to orchestrate everything, which included trawling the net for free transition and SFX files, deciding on the music, etc.

But, still, I have to go over every raw footage, decide which to keep and which to clip out (tedious), and piece everything together into some semblance of sense and order. I have finished an entire project or what I titled as “Tagaytay ’05: P does a Howie S.” and I have four or five projects laid out next for editing, excluding the four or five projects still waiting to be downloaded from the vid. cam. Needless to say, I have my work cut out for me.

But, today, just today, I wish to plow into my books, watch a couple of movies on DVD, and vegetate (and yes, watch American Idol--go Ramiele!)