Thursday, June 07, 2007

Goof day.

Today is goof day. Before I start work on what the office said would be a series of textbooks for grade school kids (levels one to six), I shall vegetate at home doing any or all of the following:

1. Blog.
2. Watch DVD.
3. Watch TV.
4. Nap.
5. Read.

Late last night, I went through a mental checklist of my favorite feel-good films and I decided on re-watching the romantic-comedy Green Card (G. Depardieu, A. MacDowell, d. Peter Weir). I first saw this in the early nineties, upon P’s recommendation, and instantly loved the plot, loved the score, loved how the narrative of the film unfolded (almost sleepily), loved the picturesque cinematography of New York and its parks and gardens, and, of course, loved the competent acting. I am partial to movies that are set beautifully, movies that are almost silent—where interior conflicts are played up through sparse dialogue. I also love Andie Macdowell in this film, she’s such a beauty. P later saw a DVD copy of Green Card at a video shop and bought it for my collection. I love P. He is very thoughtful. He always thinks of ways to make me happy.

Here’s one of my favorite scenes in the movie:



Wouldn't you say that it's perfect for a rainy June day?